What is AcceleRATE in FIFA 23?
FIFA 23 has lots of innovative additions, one of which is the new AcceleRATE system, that has completely revolutionised how players will hit their top speed.
AcceleRATE is a new feature coming to FIFA 23 only available on next-gen.
It will split players different running styles, splitting them into three categories depending on how fast they will hit their top speed and for how long they can maintain it.
- Controlled - most players in FIFA 23 will fall into the Controlled type as they accelerate uniformly in a controlled manner.
- Explosive - these are shorter and more agile players who are able to quickly cover short distances and get ahead of their opponents, even if that means slowing down after the initial burst of acceleration.
- These players are quicker to start but their acceleration rate slows down.
- Lengthy - taller and stronger, these players need a bit more time to get going, but are able to catch up to anyone and even surpass them, provided they have enough distance.
- These players start slower but will thrive over longer distances.
Explosive players should do better at short distances and one on one situations as opposed to Lengthy players who will do better over long distances such as in breakaways after a through ball for example.
AcceleRATE is assigned automatically to players based on a combination of their Height, Agility, and Strength Attributes. With that being said, Acceleration and Sprint Speed are still the main factors in determining how fast a player is overall.
This is how the AcceleRATE categories are assigned:
- Agility >= 65
- (Agility - Strength) >= 15
- Acceleration >= 70
- Height <= 180 cm (~ 5’11”)
- Example player: Vinícius Jr.
- Strength >= 65
- (Strength - Agility) >= 15
- Acceleration >= 50
- Height >= 174 cm (~ 5’9”)
- Example player: Virgil Van Dijk
- Controlled - any player that does not meet the other two requirements above.
- Example player: Son Heung-min
What Is The New FUT Moments Game Mode?
For a visual example, check out Helmar Designs video below.
Please note that the stats are pre-release values and that may be changed prior to the launch of FIFA 23.